The Community Advisory Board was established in 2010 and serves as an essential liaison to the Bay Area treatment community, participating in the development of an effective agenda for research, advocacy and leadership in depression treatment.
The mission of the Community Advisory Board is to inform and advise the UCSF Depression Center on the needs of the Bay Area community regarding depression and related illnesses. Working in collaboration, as consumers and clinicians, educators and researchers, administrators and policy-makers, its goal is to advance knowledge, improve care, eliminate stigma and promote recovery from depression and bipolar disorder.
- Kavoos Bassiri, LMFT, LPCC, CGP - Director of Behavioral Health Services, San Francisco Health Network/San Francisco Department of Public Health
- David Brunn - President, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of San Francisco (DBSA-SF)
- Robert Cabaj, MD - Chair of Psychiatry and Medical Director, County of San Mateo Behavioral Health & Recovery Services; Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Gordon Doughty - Board member, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Greater San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Wei-Li Hsu, MD - Chief, Department of Psychiatry, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Medical Center; Assistant Director for Regional Mental Health Services, Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Andrew Penn, RN, MS, NP, CNS - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Kaiser Permanente
- Louise F. Rogers - Chief, County of San Mateo Health System
- Eleanor Valdes Dwyer, LCSW - Quality Management Contractor, County of San Mateo Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
- Jorge Wong, PhD - President and CEO, RAMS, Inc.
UCSF faculty members
- Sandra Weiss, PhD, DNSc, FAAN - Robert C. and Delphine Wentland Eschbach Endowed Chair in Mental Health and Professor of Community Health Systems, UCSF; Co-Director, UCSF Depression Center
- Owen Wolkowitz, MD - Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences; Co-Director, UCSF Depression Center
- Andrew Krystal, MD - Professor of Psychiatry and Vice Chair for Research; UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Beverly Lehr, PhD - Psychologist, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Christopher Galloway, PhD - Health Sciences Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences; Staff Psychologist, San Francisco VA Medical Center